Saturday, October 18, 2008

'Secret City' Train Excursion

The air is crisp, the leaves are changing and Tennessee's football game is not televised, so it was a perfect day for a trip to the 'Secret City' (Oak Ridge) for a ride on the train.


Ava enjoyed the train's whistle as long as she was far enough away to not have to cover her ears.


Jason enjoyed the bumper crop of trailers nestled in the mountains with aluminum foil covering the windows.


And me, well, I just enjoyed the company. I'm still really worn out from my recent bout of bronchitis and have wanted to be in bed when I am not at work or cooking or baking.


So feeling the sun on my skin, watching the countryside as we rumbled slowly by, eating popcorn with Ava; it was the perfect way to spend a beautiful fall afternoon.

No comments: