Sunday, October 5, 2008

Three is the Magic Number


The celebration began on Tuesday morning with Jason and I belting out a hearty rendition of "Happy Birthday to YOU!" and Ava opening three presents: two books and a big canister of Play-Doh with accessories.


At 2:00, I took a cake, cupcakes and cookies to Ava's school. She was proud of her Abby Cadabby cake but embarrassed by all of the attention. She hid behind my leg most of the time...

The big party was in Gatlinburg this weekend with our families. We rented a chalet with this view of the Smokies...
Jason's parents, my parents, my sister and my brother's son joined us for the celebration. We had a Cookie Monster cake with of course, cookies and tons of good food from both of the moms.





















Along with the good company and food, Ava enjoyed opening too many presents and thanks to help from her cousin, CJ, she was able to get through them all.




















Relaxation was the theme of the weekend and in between time in the hot tub, on the deck, and playing games, we took a few family pictures on the deck as dusk was setting in.

No comments: