Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ava's First Day of Preschool

So serious! We tried to get Ava to smile, but she wasn't having it. I find solace in knowing that my sister Corie would never give a natural smile to anyone trying to take her picture as a kid, yet she's one of the happiest people I know!

OK - so we had a cute pink outfit picked out with shorts and a little polo top that had pink stripes to match the sneakers - a requirement of pre-school so she can run and jump and not be hindered or easily hurt. But she wasn't feeling it. No, she insisted on the purple gingham button up which is so girly and irresistable, I can see why. But the shoes. Oh well. It's part of the beauty of being a toddler, don't you think? Who cares what it looks like. I simply LOVE the little ones wearing cowboy boots with shorts or the superman cape to the dr.'s office. It's the beauty of the age.

More to come. Jason said she ran right in to her new school this a.m. and the director gave him the thumbs up! I can't wait to hear the stories! Keep posted!!

No comments: