Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Alive

When I was a kid...I had a Baby Alive doll.

Oh, the joy.

I'll never forget the day she arrived. It was Easter Sunday, at my Grandma Clingerman's house. The Easter Bunny brought her. Her skin was soft, she wore a diaper, and when I fed her - REAL food (well, real to a 4 year-old, it came in packets in her box) she actually moved her mouth as she ATE the food!

The JOY!

So when I saw the NEW Baby Alive in Wal-Mart last Friday, I was hooked and thought, "Ava has to have one!"

These marketing folks are smart.

Luckily, she too, is as excited about caring for a baby as I was. That's the nice way of saying she is waaaay excited about feeding her baby and then changing her diaper, because yes folks, her diaper is really wet after you feed her.

So, in the end, everyone lives happily ever after...
Ava loves her too. And I know she's going to be a good mommy to her new charge. We cleaned out her toybox before our trip to Wal-Mart and boxed all of the soft toys she no longer plays with and donated them to the puppies in need of love at the Humane Society.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

The humane society! what a great idea! I was wondering what to do with all these grubby things.

Jennifer said...

Hey girl! Happened across your blog today. Haven't heard from you in a long time. Hope you guys are well! http://mortonmemories.blogspot.com/